Hi there! Welcome to the official site for LocalGovCamp Lincoln! I’ve set this up so that I can keep people up to date with everything that’s happening related to the LocalGovCamp unconference. Read on, register for the RSS and, if registration is open for the year, make sure you get your place to attend!
Andrew Beeken, Web Co-Ordinator, City of Lincoln Council
Hi all! I’m posting this from the Think Tank which will be our glorious venue for Friday. I hope you all enjoy the facilities here!
- We will be having breakfast and lunch. I’m figuring out an itinerary this afternoon and will update this post then but expect breky at about 9am when you arrive and lunch for 12.15 – 12.30. No dinner I’m afraid but there is rumblings of going for drink/food after the gig; more on that later
- People should start to turn up at 9am. We have the Think Tank til 5pm however we will need to be out by then so I’m going to suggest we start to filter out at around 4.45
- Parking is available at the Think Tank and we should be able to accommodate everyone on the day. If you’re staying at one of the Holiday Inn’s however, you should be able to use their parking facilities through the day with no problems
- WiFi passwords will be available on the day. The connection here is pretty good so everyone feel free to bring your laptops with you.
- As well as the WiFi we will have access to a large plasma screen that we can use should anyone need it.
I will email everyone attending my mobile number in case they have a problem so keep your eyes peeled for that! As I say, I’ll add an itinerary to this post later on. If you have any session ideas please feel free to get them in early.
UPDATE: Itinerary is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tgdaf-ClPh-Z-Y5jq-yq7SA&output=html. If you want dibs in on any of the session slots, let me know and I’ll update the spreadsheet.
See you on Friday!
I’ve put together a little map showing the location of the venue, some landmarks for peeps travelling into the city as well as the location of the two holiday inn’s nearby. Check it out here: http://ow.ly/sIV5
If you need help finding the Think Tank, check out these two Twitpics to see what the building looks like. It changes colour too, so you can’t miss it! (No, really, it does!): http://www.twitpic.com/m861b and http://www.twitpic.com/m85xl
I am very pleased to confirm the sponsors who are helping us to make LocalGovCamp Lincoln a reality. The event wouldn’t be going ahead if it weren’t for the following organisations so big big thanks go to:
Registration is open for the 2009 LocalGovCamp Lincoln. You can register to attend at Eventbrite here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/424913929
The event will be taking place on the 23rd October 2009 at Lincolns latest venue the Think Tank (http://www.lincolnthinktank.co.uk/)
I shall update this site over the next few weeks with sponsor info, times, how to get to the Think Tank and where you can stay!
So, go register and don’t forget to pop your session ideas into this page: https://lgclincoln.wordpress.com/2009-session-ideas/